TEDxAuckland is bringing together several of New Zealand’s most interesting minds for a full day of stimulating talks, discussions and learning this October. The event will expose attendees to thought-provoking, world-changing ideas from New Zealand’s top scientists, artists, educators and technologists and is hosted by RadioLIVE DRIVE host and Business Editor Andrew Patterson.
Speakers in this year’s line-up include:
- renowned New Zealand poet Sam Hunt
- passionate literacy advocate and CEO of Booktrack Paul Cameron
- CEO of the Gibson Group Victoria Spackman
- physicist, decathlete and political advisor Sean Gourley
- change development specialist Paul Wood
- physicist and pursuer of the Higgs boson ‘god particle’ David Krofcheck
- materials and biomedical engineer Michelle Dickinson
- internationally recognised architect Andrew Patterson
- director of surgical research at Auckland Hospital and co-founder of medical start-up SIMTICs John Windsor
- art director of Apropos and founder of the 100 Days Project Emma Rogan
- CEO of Arvus Group Matthew Simmons
- dental surgeon and founder of ICARE Assil Russell
- director of The Last Ocean Peter Young
- comedian, entertainer and social entrepreneur Philip Patston
- award-winning playwright Pip Hall
- the trio behind software start-up Mobileeye: Aakash Polra, Jade Tan and Mohit Singh
Up-and-coming Indie Folk band Five Mile Town will be the day’s featured entertainment. All aged under 19 and with a Silver Scroll nomination already under their belt, they’re tipped to become the next big thing in New Zealand Music.
Visit the TEDxAuckland website here for more information.
Choose the occasion and we'll give you our picks