Terms & Conditions
BIG LITTLE CITY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. GENERAL WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Changes to Terms: These Terms may be amended at any time by HotC without specific notice to you. The latest Terms will be posted on this website, and you should review these Terms prior to using the website.
- Limited duration and availability: The events, offers and deals listed on this website may only be available for a limited time period (as indicated on the website) and are only available and redeemable in New Zealand by New Zealand residents and visitors in New Zealand (except where expressly stated otherwise). Such events, offers and deals are also subject to availability and change and are the sole responsibility of the relevant third party supplier, not HotC. In some instances, the events, offers and deals listed on this website will be subject to strict age restrictions (e.g. R18 or R20), including but not limited to events, offers and deals for bars, restaurants, hotels and casinos and so only persons who meet the age restrictions are eligible for the aforesaid events, offers and deals. To apply for, or be entitled to, an event, offer or deal on this website, you may need to register your details with HotC or the relevant third party supplier and/or apply for that event, offer or deal. You acknowledge that any events, offers and deals listed on this website have not been successfully allocated to you unless and until this has been confirmed by HotC or the relevant third party supplier.
- Price and GST: Unless expressly stated otherwise, all references to price on this website are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and are subject to Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- No responsibility: Although HotC endeavours to ensure that the events, offers and deals on this website are genuine, HotC does not sponsor, endorse, guarantee or approve of any of the events, offers or deals advertised or promoted on this website and, to the extent permitted by law, accepts no responsibility or liability for the events, offers or deals whatsoever. Admission to some events, or redemption of some offers or deals, may require the purchase of tickets or advanced booking, which are subject to availability and Additional Terms.
- Accuracy: HotC endeavours to ensure the information and data published on this website, including but not limited to publications or guides, is up-to-date and accurate. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of our content at any one time or that this website (or emails sent from HotC) will be error free, free of any viruses or bugs or compatible with any other software or material. HotC does not accept any liability (to the extent permitted by law), for any loss or damage which may directly or indirectly result from any advice, opinion, information, representation or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, contained on or accessed through this Website or any emails or electronic alerts sent to you by HotC (including but not limited to email newsletters).
- Rights in materials: Material that you see on the website or contained in the emails sent to you by HotC (including email newsletters and 48 Hour City Alerts) may be protected by copyright, trade mark, patent or other proprietary rights belonging to HotC, its partners and licensors ("the Rights"), even if this is not explicitly stated to be the case. You may not download, upload, copy, reprint, post, store (including in electronic form), distribute, modify or otherwise publish information, graphics, images or any other material on (or made available through) this website without the express permission of the owner of the Rights. HotC is not responsible for damage (including damage caused by viruses) to your computer or software or any losses suffered by you as a result of downloading, installing or using the material.
- Links: Our website contains links to other sites. HotC accepts no responsibility or liability in relation to content, accuracy or opinions expressed in these sites. Inclusion of any linked website on our website does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by us. If you decide to leave our website and access these third party sites, you do so at your own risk.
- No interference: When using this website, you agree not to do anything that may cause HotC undue inconvenience, disruption or offence, or that may affect the security or operation of this website, any services offered via this website or any network or system underlying or connected to them (including without limitation, by using a robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access this website or feature on it for any purpose). HotC reserves the right to terminate your use of this website for any reason whatsoever (in its sole discretion, acting reasonably). You agree to indemnify HotC against the consequences of any breach of these Terms.
- Information collection: If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website and read the information contained on the web pages of this website, then we may gather certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We may automatically gather the Internet domain (for example, "companyx.co.nz" if you use a private Internet access account, or "myschool.ac.nz" if you connect from a university's domain), IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website, and the date and time you access our website and the pages you visit. This information is used in statistical and aggregate formats to assess the effectiveness of and improve this website and HotC’s services, and to determine our visitors’ preferences and interests. We may collect non-public personal information from you when you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information to us though our website, such as when entering competitions. We limit use of such information to the purposes for which the information was provided and/or intended for. If you send an electronic mail (e-mail) message that includes personally identifiable information, for example, in an e-mail message containing an inquiry, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry. Remember that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. We may use "cookies" to improve our service to you. Cookies may help us recall a previous visit. The cookies we use do not collect personally identifiable information, and we do not use them to determine your identity. If you are not comfortable with this use, you may configure your browser to be notified when cookies are to be received and to provide you with the option of refusing cookies. However, refusing cookies may limit your ability to use our Website in its entirety.
- Member registration: To apply for, or be entitled to, an event, offer or deal on this website, you may need to register as a member of the website. If you register as a member directly through the website, you will need to provide HotC with personal information such as your name and email address. If you register as a member through Facebook, you will be required to give permission to HotC to access your basic information (which includes your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, and any other information you have shared with everyone). By registering as a member of the website, you will be able to create content (such as "My Favourite Places", "My Urban Journeys" and “My Top 5s"). You expressly agree and acknowledge that your name, picture (if you registered through Facebook) and all content which you create will be displayed and/or viewable by all other users of the website (including both other registered members and any browsers of the website). If you register with the website through Facebook, you agree that at all times during which you are a member of the website, you will use a name and/or profile picture which is not defamatory, indecent, objectionable or otherwise offensive. You also agree that no content you create on the website will be defamatory, indecent, objectionable or otherwise offensive. You acknowledge that HotC, in its sole and absolute discretion, may remove you as a member of the website, or remove any content you create, at any time without notice to you.
- Newsletters: When you subscribe to our eNewsletter mailing list your details become part of HotC's Big Little City eNewsletter mailing list. Being part of this list enables us to send you information about events, shopping, dining, nightlife, attractions and accommodation in Auckland. Only HotC has rights to this mailing list and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your contact details remain confidential at all times. Once subscribed to this mailing list, you may unsubscribe at any time.
- Offer Alerts: When you subscribe to receive offer alerts, your details become part of the HotC's Offer Alerts mailing list. Being part of this list enables us to send you information about BIG little City Offers including 48 Hour City Offers and Christmas Cracker Deals. Only HotC has rights to this mailing list and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your contact details remain confidential at all times. Once subscribed to this mailing list, you may unsubscribe at any time. The 48 Hour City promotion is only available for a limited period of time. HotC may end the promotion at any time without notice to you.
- Insiders Guide: When you subscribe to our electronic alert mailing list your details become part of HotC's Insiders Guide mailing list. Being part of this list enables us to send you information about events, shopping, dining, nightlife, attractions and accommodation in Auckland. Only HotC has rights to this mailing list and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your contact details remain confidential at all times. Once subscribed to this mailing list, you may unsubscribe at any time.
- Cookies: Cookies are small bits of data that are deposited on a user's hard drive. Our website utilizes Cookies and IP addresses for certain functions. Cookies permit users to store their password and other user information without having to constantly re-enter this data. Cookies also permit us to tailor our website to your needs. Most browsers permit users to decline to accept Cookies, although the default setting is typically to accept them. You may choose to decline the Cookies, but certain functions of the website may not be accessible to you.
- Access: You may ask to see the personal information that HotC holds about you at any time by contacting us or by viewing your details at your account page. You may also ask HotC to correct, alter or delete any personal information that we hold about you by contacting us at Level 2, 26 Lorne St, Auckland, New Zealand.
Save the date
Choose the occasion and we'll give you our picks.
- Fresh Air
- Mid-Week Blues
- Party Time
- Surprise Me
- Long Lunch
- Retail Therapy
- Creative Culture
- After Work
- By Myself
- With a Big Group
- First Date
- With My Boyfriend
- With Friends
- With My Girlfriend
- With the Kids
- With my Parents
- With the Dog